Information on the Art of Upholstery
Hello and thank you for joining us at The Stitchery for The Art of Upholstery!
Class will start at 10am each day and run through to 4pm. There will be several breaks for lunch and snacks. Tea, herbal tea, coffee, decaf coffee, oat milk, dairy milk, and vegan & gluten free biscuits will be available throughout the day.
What you need to bring
- We have a fully equipped kitchenette area. Alternatively on Saturday the coffee cart across the road sells food. Note they are not open on Sunday. The Family Bakery up the road is another place you can get food, however they aren’t open on Sunday. There are a few fast-food outlets and grocery stores in the area.
- Your chair – if you need help bringing it up the stairs please let us know. If you haven't emailed Andy already a picture of your chair please do so asap. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Your final upholstery fabric and any decorative items you’d like to use on your chair.
- Closed shoes – this is necessary to prevent items dropping on your feet. You are more than welcome to bring safety glasses. Due to Covid we will not be supplying glasses.
- All other equipment and tools, like sewing machines, needles, threads, staple remover etc are supplied.
Hand sanitiser is available. All dishes and cutlery are sanitised in our dishwasher. Please don’t hand wash anything rather, place the item in the dishwasher. We endeavour to clean surfaces with disinfectant however this tends to happen at the end of the day. If we need to cancel the event you will have the option to rebook for another time or get a full refund. Please use our QR code, and if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask during the event then by all means do.
How to get to The Stitchery
We are based in Elsdon Porirua which is very close to the CBD.
Train | If you are catching a train into Porirua take the Kapiti Line. The express train will take 17 minutes to arrive in Porirua from Wellington city. It is a 20-minute walk from the Porirua train station to The Stitchery (directions via Google maps).
Car | Off-street free parking is available. We share our premise with an accounting company.